2013. december 10., kedd

Review on Blade Runner

         Blade Runner is a neo-noir sci-fi that was released in 1982. The story takes place in 2019 and the main character is the handsome Harrison Ford (Deckard). Deckard has a very important mission, he has to find and kill the replicants who travelled back to the Earth.
            The first thing that came to my mind when we started to watch this film is that the writers and producers failed a little bit when they imagined the world in 2019. Did they really think that the world would look like this or did they just exaggerate it? Anyways, I do not think that there will be flying cars and clones in 2019. The thing that I liked about this film, is mainly the atmosphere of it that was very unique and scary at the same time. I also enjoyed the character of Harrison Ford because I really adore him, he is one of my favourite actors. My favourite scene was the “romantic” one, when he tried to seduce Rachael and when she refuses him, he becomes a little bit agressive. I think it was a very powerful and emotional scene. I also liked the fight of Deckard and Roy at the end of the film, because it was very exciting, especially when Deckard almost fell of a building. The heavy rain made the scene more enjoyable and it created a special mood.
            On the other hand, there are some things that I did not like about this movie. First of all, I hate sci-fi, I never watch films like this because they are too unrealistic for me. So it was hard for me to tackle with the genre of the film, but I think I could manage it and in the end I thought that it was not a bad sci-fi. However I found it boring sometimes because there were some scenes in which nothing really happened, but it was slow and dragged. I also disliked the violent, bloody scenes but I think it comes from the fact that I am a woman. Women usually do not like blood and disgusting things. Blade Runner is not a good choice to watch on a date. There were some parts when I even had to close my eyes, because I did not want to see how they kill each other.            All in all, I cannot decide wether I like or do not like this movie, but I think there were more good things in it, than the bad ones (or is it just the fact that Harrison Ford is the main character??). I think I will watch it again when I have time and I will figure it out.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése