2013. december 12., csütörtök

Review on Chinatown

Chinatown is an American neo-noir film, directed by the world-famous Roman Polanski. The film takes place in Los Angeles, 1937. J. J. Gittes is a private detective who is hired by a woman who thinks her husband is cheating on her. The secret affair gets published in the media and as a result, a scandal explodes.
Personally, I really enjoyed this movie, mostly because the storyline was thoroughly build up and the whole atmosphere was loveable. Despite of the fact that sometimes I found it boring, the film cought my attention and I was very curious about the ending. The end was quite shocking, especially when it turned out that Faye Dunaway was raped by his own father and also when she was shot. According to my interpretation the moral of the story is that our world is rotten, it is full of crime, corruption, cheating and bad people, and it is almost impossible to change it. This film made me think about these things and it made me feel a little bit depressed and sad. But I think it just proves the fact that it is a great movie, because it evoked some kind of emotions in me.
There were only two or maybe three things that I did not like about this film. Firstly, I found Faye’s character a little bit irritating. Secondly, I was disturbed when she was hit so hard. I am really against abuse and violence, that is why I did not enjoy that scene. The third thing is the music, because I think sometimes it did not fit the movie.

All in all, I am happy that I had a chance to watch Chinatown, it was a great experience for me.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése