2013. december 13., péntek

Review on Citizen Kane

          Citizen Kane is a classic American filmdrama that was released in 1941. It is about the life of a man – Charles Foster Kane – who was born to be successful. He was a simple, average person but with a little bit of luck he was able to realize the possibilities around him. He had newspapers, radio stations and a lot of influential acquaintances. However he was too greedy and as he wanted more, he started to lose everything he had. He died in a lonely way – despite of the fact that everybody thought that he was immortal.
            Personally, I found this film quite entertaining, although I do not really like film noires. My favourite part was at the beginning, when a short video was displayed about the life of Charles Foster Kane. It was amazing how wealthy he was and how fast he could lose his possessions. Also I liked that I could get insight to the life of these upper class, millionare people. Their layer is very capitalistic and they are hypocritical, greedy and selfish. They like to show off their possessions and they think that money can buy everything. Well, the destiny of Charles Foster Kane presents that it is not true at all.
            In my opinion, the moral of the story is quite simple: you can have a lot of money, you can be successful and popular, but there are certain things that you cannot buy. You cannot buy true love, happiness or true friendships. Probably there was a time in Foster’s life when he thought that he had everything under control and he was happy, but it lasted only for a short time. I liked that there was a part in the film about Foster’s childhood and it was the only scene when I felt sorry for him. However I believe that his parents are partly responsible for his bad decisions in his life. I also enjoyed the scene in which Foster went crazy and smashed everything that was around him because it was full of tension and passion. It also proved the fact that the life of wealthy people is not that easy at all as it seems.
             All in all, it was a great visual experience for me and it also made me think a little bit. It strenghtened my view point that in the end it does not matter how wealthy you are and how much money you have. These things do not last forever and you can lose everything in a second. However you cannot lose your memories because they will stay with you forever. 


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése